This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Parathas are an all-time favourite at our house. So this time it was Palak’s (Spinach) turn!!
Generally while making this palak paratha (spinach paratha), spinach is pureed and mixed with flour.
But today’s recipe we are going to roughly chop the spinach leaves and mix them with the flour, spices, and herbs.
This palak paratha is best served with raita, curds or any curries.
Ingredients: (Serves approx. 3)
- 2 Bunches of blanched Palak (Spinach)
- 2 tsp Ginger – Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Cups Wheat Flour
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
You may also like some of these related recipes
- Blanch palak (spinach leaves). Drain excess water and keep it aside to cool. Once the palak(spinach leaves) are cooled enough, cut it roughly.
- In a bowl, add chopped spinach leaves and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients well and start kneading the dough by adding a small amount of water at a time. Knead a soft dough.
- Drizzle little oil over the kneaded dough. Cover and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each piece into a round disc.
- Use dry wheat flour while rolling the paratha.
- Heat a skillet / tava and place the paratha over it. Cook the paratha from both sides by applying little oil over it. Roast this paratha till nice brown spots appear on the surface.
- Palak Paratha is ready.
- Serve this healthy & delicious Palak Paratha with any raita or pickle